Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mom wrap up

EDITORS NOTE: This post has been sitting in my drafts for a week. I just need to post this already. I'll put up pictures from the trip and more detailed food reviews later!

Ohhh boy. The month of a million visitors continues and I haven't even had time to post about Mom visits NY 2k10 and now Ben is in town!!! Ah it's all so fun.

Highlights of the Mom trip: (full food reviews to come later)
Thursday:
-Motorino in East Village. (Yes, we got the brussel sprout pizza, yes it was ammmazing)
-Waffles and Dinges!! Best surprise evaa- the truck was parked at Astor Place and I have been dying to try it. The man in the truck was so funny and he was starving so we gave him our pizza leftovers and got a deal on our waffles.


Our BFF!
Friday:
-BLT Fish for cocktails
-Raines Law Room aka my favorite place on the planet for lots more cocktails
-Dinner at 1am at Momofuku Noodle Bar- we did sake bombs. They don't even do sake bombs there- it was my moms suggestion and the waiter made it happen. Oh my god amazing.
Saturday:
-Schillers Liquid Bar for breakfast YUM, had a lovely day walking around the LES
-IN.THE. HEIGHTS. My life was changed. We laughed, we cried, we had great seats..it was soo good.
-Then we had a res at Buddakan but I wasn't in the mood so we ate at a little Italian place in Hell's Kitchen. They put a glob of ricotta cheese in their little bowl of olive oil that comes with the bread. Umm why doesn't every place do this?
Sunday:
2nd Ave Deli with all the cousins and my teeny little baby cousin. Then OSCAR PARTY!! We had a red carpet, and wore tiaras and ate tacos.

All and all- a fantastic, fantastic visit with Mom. We did much snuggling, eating and site seeing and I couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment