Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's showtime

Weekend of rain (crazy, crazy, are we in a hurricane? rain) meant weekend of shows (with Ben!!!). My pictures to come later...I don't have my camera to upload right now.

Obsessed with Alice and Wonderland. Ob-sess-ed. I want to see it five more times in IMAX 3D. Burton balanced real life and wonderland life perfectly. I loved the costumes, the acting, minus Anne Hathaway- it's like she watched Amy Adams film clips from Enchanted, tried to copy her and failed miserably) and the incredible attention to detail that was evident in every scene. I loved loved it. Who wants to see it again with me?

Billy Elliot was great. The dancing was obviously beautiful, but we weren't blown away. I think I was still riding the high from In The Heights the week before.

An Education- my mom has been trying to get us to see this forever and now I know why. This film was GORGEOUS so raw and beautiful. Amazing screenplay and even more amazing acting. I think I fell in love with Carey Mulligan a little bit.


THEN my brother introduced me to the 30 for 30 film series on HBO. ESPN describes the project as:
An unprecedented documentary series featuring thirty films from some of today’s finest storytellers. Each filmmaker will bring their passion and personal point of view to their film detailing the issues, trends, athletes, teams, rivalries, games and events that transformed the sports landscape from 1979 to 2009.
Basically I was up until 3am mesmerized. I'm going to go as far as to say Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. (And I hate the NBA). Now I'm obsessed with the 30 for 30 project. Here is a great article about the project from the always amazing Bill Simmons.

No comments:

Post a Comment