Sunday, April 24, 2011

Texts From Bets Vol. 8

Text message to me and my brother:

"About 15 years ago today, we were on Tybee Island west coast of Florida for a little Easter vaca. Lara had Fifths Disease and Daddy drank her contacts!!! Happy Easter kiddies!!"

Backstories:

-Picture is taken at the hair salon last weekend where my mother was walking around in heels, drinking coffee and talking on the phone- all while wearing a haircut cape. Phenomenal.

-So this one time.. I got this thing called Fifths disease which is apparently a virus you get from the ocean. It makes your cheeks and legs splotchy and gives you a really high fever. Around the same time of the Fifths discovery debacle, I realized I didn't bring my contact case on the trip. So I put the contacts/solution in one of the hotel glasses and put it in the very far end of the bathroom counter. I also made sure to tell my family I was doing this so they wouldn't get confused. Well well well, let's just go ahead and file this one under "Dumb Things My Smart Dad Does" because I woke up in the morning to an empty glass sitting next to the sink.

"DAD!" WHERE ARE MY CONTACTS??"
"Uh oh, I think I got thirsty in the middle of the night"
"Dad, it was in the corner of the counter and there are 3 fresh glasses right here"
"Umm.."
"That means you drank the solution too"
"Well I can tell you that my stomach is seeing very well right now"

So the rest of the tropical vacation consisted of 10-year-old Lara, walking around completely blind with a 103 degree fever rambling incoherently about the heat and my ridiculous dad and probably like Saved By The Bell or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment