Monday, April 5, 2010

My boys, my heroes

My dad and brother inspire me daily. Considerate, brilliant and shockingly handsome- I'm constantly reminded of how lucky I am to have such amazing men in my life. They also both happen to be incredible poets.

Growing Pains
by Ben Wilinsky

my father was a giant
and I was in a rocket
launched from his hands
I jettisoned across the water.
splash,

and he’s not so big, now
I’m almost to his chin
can score a couple
at the ping pong table

he gets smaller
too big now to wear his clothes
big enough to use his shaving cream though
never too big for his jokes and

my pants are bigger now
feet, my hands, my head too
I jettison past him

I still get lost in his huge hugs though
lost in his stories too

my heart squirms
it’s funny looking down
when looking up to someone.
my father
my giant

No comments:

Post a Comment