Monday, June 21, 2010

Reasons I love New York #8

I've been wanting to purchase a nice camera forever. I'm talking intense lenses and manual settings and an HD video option, photography classes and photoshop manipulating- oh my! Then I go out to a lot of nice dinners and take a lot of cabs and generally poorly manage my money. This leads me to- iPhone photography!!! An art I have happily come to love and master. Now I'm convinced that even if I had what I really wanted, I wouldn't have it as readily available as my trusty 'ole iphone. Maybe that's just what I tell myself so I can sleep happily at night... either way, enjoy some NYC inspiration!


I've been really inspired by Ray-Ban's latest ad campaign. So much so that I am basing some apartment decorating on the posters. Jaime doesn't know that yet but I don't think she reads this blog! If she does...Hi, Jaim! What do you think about a giant pair of painted sunglasses across the hallway wall? Yay!

Grammatically (in)correct wall tagging.

Cool or so completely depressing? Ehhh I'm going with completely depressing.

I can't stop looking at this picture.

Outside of my work, I'm totally digging this project:
From 9am-10pm each day, 60 pianos will be available to play across New York City. Presented bySing for Hope they are located in public parks, streets and plazas the pianos will be available until 5th July for any member of the public to play and engage with.
Street art made out of the smudges of old gum on the sidewalk. Or maybe it's tar? Maybe black paint? I don't know but I love it.

So I went to the Chelsea Market for the first time yesterday with my friend, Tobye. I didn't even open the can of worms that would have been photography in this place. Basically, the Chelsea Market is the most glorious, incredible, Disney-land-esque piece of heaven (almost as amazing as Costco during peak sample hours..almost.) I knew that if I started taking pictures I wouldn't be able to stop so I waited until dessert to snap a quick shot of the deliciousness. Prior to this we ate: amazing sushi, spiced, curried tuna on lightly toasted rye with raisins, sprouts and tomato and crab legs with a horseradish-y, amazing-y mayo-ish dipping sauce all from the fresh seafood store. Dessert was from the Italian bakery. We ate it outside on a blanket looking at the Hudson River. Oh...while listening to the new Drake album that I'm now obsessed with. It was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment