Friday, July 30, 2010

Oh hot damn, this is my jam.


I don't do enough food reviews. Sometimes I post recipes that I like (omg, check out the latest post on NoblePig- yum) but generally I don’t really describe my day to day eating adventures. I like to leave it to the pro’s. But sometimes there is a food that so stands out I just have to tell you about it.

I’m in love, positively in love with Jell-o Mousse Temptations in Dark Chocolate Decadence. Let me preface this by saying that the reviews online are not very kind and Jaime literally spit it out into the sink after I spoon-fed her a bite. But Jaime also doesn’t like any food besides lettuce, frozen yogurt, vegetables and cheese. Not exaggerating.

The mousse. Oh my god. The mousse. Ok here’s what I love about it in no particular order:

The texture: It is…mousse like. Go figure. Really silky and light and smooth. A lot of the complaints online and by my wifey (Jaime) was the texture. I say it rocks. My opinion rules.

The taste: It tastes like brownie batter. Delicious, amazing, delectable brownie batter. Not at all artificially sweetened tasting and there is no bad after taste like other no-sugar snacks.

The packaging: The individual little cups are just a simple solid black. It’s discreet. I feel like I’m enjoying a little secret, and not at all like I’m advertising the fact that I’m enjoying a guilt-free snack.

My one and only con: It is definitely a cup of processed food. Like 4 straight oz of not one thing natural. The sugar, the texture, the color, the taste- all engineered in a little factory in rural Minnesota for my consuming pleasure. Whatev. It’s kind of like how you turn a blind eye to the highlighter orange color that stains your fingers after a pleasurable Cheese Puff experience. It’s not supposed to be natural and that’s what makes it AWESOME.

Fireworks in my mouth.

I can’t stop talking about this stuff. It’s like my crack. I think about it when I cook dinner. I think about it when I wake up. My day now is in anticipation of a 4oz of sugar-free snack. That is not at all weird; I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Omg and last night…I got really crazy….I PUT ONE IN THE FREEZER!!! I know, it’s just too much. I’m like a crackhead at work right now thinking about the little treat sitting in my freezer waiting for me to get home. I’ll let you know how it goes. I have a feeling I might not even go out tonight. I’ll be on my couch crying and thanking god for the amazing gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment