Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Surprise! Surprise!


Fresh off the plane. Bloody Mary? Don't mind if I do.

Mother's Day was a hit at the Wilinsky house this year- I surprised my mom and flew in for the weekend. This was a pretty impulsive decision- I found a good deal online last week and decided it was too good to pass up.

I got great suggestions from everyone on how to best do the big reveal. BUT I ended up missing my flight on Friday night and screwed the whole thing up (don't ask me how I did this, I don't want to talk about it). Picture me hysterically crying at the Frontier Airlines gate wailing "pleaseeee there has to be something you can do pleaseeeee." ANYWAY, I got in on Saturday morning. My Dad had blindfolded my Mom on the way to the airport but then my flight got in late so they had to go inside and wait- so she just sat there in baggage claim knowing that someone was coming in but didn't know who. Minorly anti-climactic but that's neither here nor there.

The main thing to take away from this trip was...note to self: DO NOT TRY TO SURPRISE MOM. SHE DOES NOT LIKE IT.

It all started because Dad told her she had to cancel her hair appointment that was on Saturday (a very hard to schedule, very big deal hair appointment) because of "a big surprise." What came next was 5 days of sheer panic. I literally thought she was going to develop an ulcer with "What can we possibly be doing?".... "I don't like surprises, I don't like surprises, what are we doing?" and most importantly "WHAT DO I WEAR!??"

The issue of misdressing for the surprise became almost too much for her to bare. What if she wore heels and a small purse to Sea World? Or what if she wore comfy sneakers and a big purse to a Carole King concert? "Are we going in a hot balloon?" "WHAT DO I WEAR TO A HOT AIR BALLOON!!??"

It all obviously ended up just fine- she was over the moon with me surprising her and it turned out it didn't matter if she wore heels or sneakers or a gigantic purse :) We had the best, best, best time.
Saturday- lovely day spent at Del Mar beach. Sunday was brunch on the water, shopping and ribs for dinner! Didn't take pictures :(

Beach puppy.

Funniest picture ever. I'm not naked I promise, Sophie is though.

More pics to come when I get them off my camera.



Beach! Excuse my mom- she looks like she's literally making out with me in this video and it makes me slightly uncomfortable as I'm sure it does you. But she's so cute it doesn't matter.

Best Mother's Day evaaaaaaaa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment