Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just call us the Griswolds: Part

Ohhh on the road again, I just can't wait to be on the road again



Mom bought Dad an MU Snuggie at Walgreens.



We also bought a book light which she couldn't figure out how to use...so she decided to clip it to her glasses for maximum lighting effectiveness.


After that got uncomfortable she clipped it to the handle in the car and settled in for a rousing read of the top chef cookbook.

St. Louis was just lovely. I basically spent 48 hours squeezing my Pawpaw and Auntie Cathy without letting go. I think they started getting uncomfortable but I couldn't help myself, they're so cute and smooshy.




My mom and her sista, Auntie Cathy, looking very festive by the Christmas tree at some restaurant.

You should see my Pawpaw. Ok allow me to show you:



I know. Could you die? I love him so much. Here we are hanging out at the family business: Block Loan and Jewelry which he's owned for 50 years.

(I would link to a video I posted a few months ago where he was featured on a St. Louis local news story about the store's anniversary but I don't know how to link on my phone... so do yourself some good and go Glitter Me This exploring and watch it.)





The store isn't exactly in a good area of St. Lou, (it freaks me out considering the city was recently named the most dangerous in the US) BUT he has really hilarious, loyal customers.

One woman was telling me about how she's known Pawpaw since she was little and how the whole neighborhood has my grandpa's back and how they'll protect him from anything.

This sentiment was followed by a 5 minute tirade about how KoolAid just isn't the same as it used to be. She used to only need one cup of sugar and now she swears she needs two. The woman in line behind her was equally as upset. I almost went into a whole Gwyneth Paltrow inspired speech about the devastating effects of artificial sweeteners on our natural sweetness receptors but I figured there is a time and place for that. And purple KoolAid just isn't the time. No sir ree bob.



Goodmans <3


...now onto Dallas.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson No. 2,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment