Monday, January 24, 2011

Flashback Friday


Teeny: Chrissy, truth or dare?

Chrissy: Truth.

Teeny: Have you ever been french kissed?

Chrissy: Are you kidding? I don't want to get pregnant!

Yes, I'm doing a Flashback Friday on a Monday. Deal wit' it. The thing is, I was actually going to name this post RIP but I figured Flashback Friday was much less morbid.

I learned some startling news over the weekend that might shock you...

Chrissy, arguably the best character from arguably the best movie of all time, Now and Then DIED in 2007 at the age of 26 from pneumonia.

I'm traumatized.

How did Chrissy (aka Ashleigh Aston Moore) die 4 years ago and we NOT KNOW ABOUT IT??? Why weren't there tributes and memorials and facebook statuses dedicated to such a tragedy? Why didn’t we gather in the streets for massive Red Rover games while blasting the Now and Then soundtrack (which is also arguably the best in the history of soundtracks) followed by a séance in a cemetery?

WHYYYY???

Chrissy was seriously the best. Yes, I always held a special place in my heart for Teeny with her pudding filled bra and her glamorous parents and her promiscuous tendencies- it was really Chrissy that carried the movie. Even grown up Chrissy was the coolest. Remember a pregnant Rita Wilson singing I’ll Be There in the bathroom while putting on her makeup? Ah, it's so wonderful. I think my love of makeup application came from that scene right there.

She loved twinkies and faked her death and gave us some of the best lines in the movie:

EDITOR'S NOTE: I stand corrected. Leave it up to Carli Haber to point out such a blatant discrepancy in what I thought was a completely flawless memory of every second of the entire movie. Chrissy DID NOT in fact fake her death. It was obviously Roberta with her obvious death and family issues that pretended to drown and it was CHRISSY who performed CPR and (kinda-ish) starting crying when Roberta starts laughing. Reason #48295 was Chrissy was the best character.

EDITOR'S NOTE #2: While Chrissy was the best character, the best single moment of the movie was Devon Sawa's butt that could only be seen if you paused the tape at exactly the right moment and squinted. Hello every single one of my 5th grade sleepovers.

Roberta: You can't get pregnant from french-kissing!

Chrissy: I know that, beetle-brain, but it's common knowledge that if you tongue-kiss a boy, he automatically thinks you'll do the deed with him. They can't help it. They're driven.

Samantha: Oh? And what deed would that be?

Chrissy: You know... planting the seed and watering the flower. Isn't that how it works?

RIP Ashleigh Aston Moore, I'm sorry I didn't know about you sooner!

Chrissy's Mom: I decided we should talk about what you asked me.

Chrissy: About sex.

Chrissy's Mom: You say that very casually, that's very scary for mommy. It's like "BOO!" "AAH!" That's what sex is.

No comments:

Post a Comment