Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tea and crumpets


There are some things in life that make me fall over and squeal like a little girl. There are the obvious (sparkles. puppies. babies.) and don't even get me started on those little mini corn on the cobs that come in my salad... I literally die over those.

But I have to admit that lately I've been an embarrassing...probably shouldn't be admitting this on the internet...squealing mess about...THE ROYAL WEDDING. Ohh myy god everything about it gets me excited. I squeal then I giggle then I follow it up with approximately 30 minutes of intense google searching to see what Kate has worn recently. (Did you see that sheer black plunging neck line she wore to a friend's wedding? And those shoes!!)

I love her taste, I love her in Diana's ring, I love how happy they look together.

Sometimes when I'm bored I picture the couple riding around in horse drawn carriages with king charles cavaliers on their laps on their way to friendly polo matches where Kate sits side-saddle in a very big dress.

Funny, that's exactly how I prefer to spend my weekends.

If I was a princess-to-be we would be best friends. We'd go shopping together and have afternoon tea together and subtly push the fashion boundaries together while dishing about Peaches Geldorf's latest scandalous dalliance with Sir Henric van Licterstein (quick what movie reference??).

I've already gone this far with publicly embarrassing myself with these princess fantasies so I might as well admit that I found a royal wedding countdown app for my phone. It was 99 cents. And I totally bought it.


I'll report back if I end up buying one of those commemorative wedding plates off of QVC.

No comments:

Post a Comment