Monday, November 22, 2010

FML


I fell asleep (while standing up) on the very crowded train this morning and was jolted awake to the sound of my own voice saying the words "social circumcision" out loud.

Social. Circumcision.

Out loud.

Needless to say, the 15 people who were pressed up around me in the jam packed car looked at me like I was completely crazy. Even the homeless man (who was only wearing one shoe, obviously) looked at me like "guurl what are you smoking? Can I have some?" I have absolutely no idea why I said that out loud and I don't remember dreaming about anything being social or circumcised. (But sounds like a party?)

THEN about 15 seconds later, the train came to a stop due to an accident ahead and we had to sit underground for 40 MINUTES (the commute usually takes 10). The homeless man didn't take his eyes off of me the entire 40 minutes- I think he was waiting for me to say something else crazy. Or maybe he just wanted a hit of my crack?

And the entire time, I had the word circumcision stuck in my head. Like on repeat.

Circumcision.

Is this post making you uncomfortable yet? Ya? ME TOO.

2 comments: