Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mayday, mayday


Catastrope.

Freaking catastrophe.

The other day, I tripped over my computer cord and (in slow motion) watched as my silver, beautiful, sturdy, steadfast Macbook Pro baby came crashing to the ground.

"Nooooooo!!" I shrieked (in slow motion) as it landed with a dull thud on the ground. "Heidi!!" (my computer has a name)

At first glance everything was ok. Screen, check. Keys, check. But low and behold, I realized that I dented the spot where the charger magnetically plugs into the hole and it wouldn't plug in- thus it can no longer charge. I can't feed Heidi. Therefore I cannot blog. Or chatroutlette. Or breathe. Or skype with my dog.

I sat on the floor-sobbing, moaning, screaming- while rocking back and forth holding the computer tight in my arms. "WHYYYYYYY GOD!!??" A simple dent shouldn't be such an issue, I know. But when your life already consists of such financial dilemmas as eating a $5 dollar foot long or splurging on the sale rack at Forever 21- THE DENT IS CATASTROPHIC.

This story is mildly exaggerated for your enjoyment but the point, my friends, is that my computer is out of commission. Therefore the blog will be taking a hit until the change cup I've been shaking on the corner of 14th st. starts filling up.

I'm sorry :( Let's hold hands and shed a tear together.

Heidi...I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment