Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The night of the browned butter

I'm going to give you some advice: make what I made for dinner last night...seriously make it...like tonight. I know, 2 semi-lame food posts in one week and 2 significantly-more-lame iPhone pictures to document it. But alas, I've been eating yummy things lately and you get to hear about it! Everyone rejoice!

Liz, Emily and I had ourselves a real treat last night with this bad boy. This recipe was so good that I stretched dinner out for like 2 hours. I didn't want it to end. I even saved one lone ravioli on my plate to eat later as a dessert.

I'm pretending it was healthy, it probably isn't but hey! Give it a go!

My picture

Framed's much more beautiful picture

Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage (adapted from Framed) WITH balsamic browned butter asparagus (adapted from Cooking Light)

Ravioli recipe taken lovingly from Framed:

1 package cheese ravioli
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium shallots, sliced thinly
20 fresh sage leaves
Salt and fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook ravioli according to package directions.

2. Heat butter in a skillet over medium low heat until it foams. Add shallots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the sage and cook until leaves turn slightly crisp, another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

3. Add cooked ravioli to the skillet and toss gently. Add 1/3 cup parmesan and toss gently again. Divide among dishes and top with remaining parmesan and another grinding of fresh pepper.

AMAZING asparagus recipe taken from my head (aka this might be mildly off)

1 bunch of asparagus
2 tbs butter
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Lay the asparagus flat on a foil lined, pam-sprayed cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on 350 for around 12-15 minutes. Right before it's finished put the butter in sauce pan and cook on medium heat until it turns a delicious color brown. Remove from heat and add soy sauce and balsamic. Put the asparagus on a platter laying flat. Pour the steamy hot sauce over it. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment