Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good Afternoooon


Ok I'm not trying to get all creepy on you with two food posts in a row (both taken from the same website, I might add. How unoriginal). I'm just so hungry right now and this dish is running circles in my head. "Make meeee. Make meee," says the ravioli. I'm babysitting tonight- how much xbox playing time do you think I can bribe two boys with to let me cook this for dinner?

On a somewhat related note: I'm working at the showroom I previously told you about a few days a week until I start at NYC-TV. It's tons of gliterry fun. I know you were dying to know.
RECIPE:
Ravioli with Peas and Shallots
Adapted from Real Simple, best recipes- taken from Noblepig.com
1-1/2 pounds cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 10 oz. bag frozen peas
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and black pepper
Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the ravioli.Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the peas, lemon zest, reserved ravioli water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, partially covered, until the peas are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.Divide the ravioli among bowls and top with the pea mixture.

1 comment: