Monday, February 1, 2010

Falling up


So many thoughts now but too tired to blog. Thank you to everyone who wished me a good first day, it meant so much. Here are the basics of my day in list form since apparently I'm into lists tonight.

1) It was a great first day at work.
2) Everyone was very nice.
3) I learned of the discounted movies, Metrocard and gym. AWESOME
4) It was very first day-ish (ie I'm wishing everyone was wearing name tags)
5) I have my own (small but lovely) office
6) I think I'm really going to like it.

When I got home there was a box waiting for me from my parents. There, inside the most beautiful little package, was a stack of books I had picked out when I was home to add to my New York book collection. Falling Up by Shel Silverstein was on the bottom of the pile and I had forgotten about it. It was such an incredible surprise to have on my first day of work. This book is my ultimate happy place.

FALLING UP by Shel Silverstein

I tripped on my shoelace
And I fell up--
Up to the roof tops,
Up over the town,
Up past the tree tops
Up over the mountains
Up where the colors
Blend into the sounds.
But it got me so dizzy
When I looked around,
I got sick to my stomach
And I threw down.

No comments:

Post a Comment