Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keeping it in the family

My cutie cousins Matt and Andy, My Uncle Wheels (Mark) with Paw-Paw.

Yesterday was a landmark day for my family. It was the 50-year anniversary of my Paw-Paw’s pawn shop called Block’s Loan and Jewelry. Prior to my Paw-Paw owning it, it was my great-grandpa (his father-in-law) Ben Block’s. It is an institution in St. Louis and has been the staple of our family for our entire lives. So excited to see that it was covered by the local news. Look at how cute he is.

I wanted to have this song play when Paw-Paw came up for my candle lighting at my bat mitzvah. That idea was quickly shot down and replaced by the obligatory Frank Sinatra selection. I’m still salty about it.

1 comment:

  1. 1. That is one of my favorite pics
    2. Did you notice that the said that Ben Block was Papa's step-father!? Who checks the facts over there.

    ReplyDelete